Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
November 18, 2011
Top 10 questions after early signing period
The early signing period ended earlier this week, but that doesn't mean all the questions have been answered regarding the 2012 class. Rivals.com national analyst Jerry Meyer offers some important questions still lingering after the early signing period.
1. There are plenty of questions surrounding Amile Jefferson's recruitment. Was he really that serious about N.C. State? How big of an impact did the Stanford visit have? What about Kentucky? Doesn't he just want to stay home and star at Villanova? Not an easy decision.
2. A reliable high major wing shooter or a go-to-guy at the mid-major level? That might be the question when it comes to Andrew White. He rose up the rankings during the summer and has the option of Kansas, Georgetown or North Carolina State. Or will it be Richmond, which was there from the beginning?
3. Elite forward Jarnell Stokes is in a bind. Stay home and play for Memphis? Is Mike Anderson's system at Arkansas right for him? Or is there really another option? That's right, Kentucky is recruiting him, so he might wait out this whole thing.
4. Did Memphis' fun-to-watch handling of Belmont on national television Tuesday prompt Shaquille Goodwin's signing? Or was it UCLA's ineptitude versus its first two opponents that pushed him the other way?
5. Has there ever been a quieter recruitment of an elite prospect that that of Anthony Bennett? He has done in-home visits, but no official visits and no inclination of where he is leaning, except for the few schools of his nine speculated to be at the top.
10. So will Kentucky fans be able to handle a No. 3 recruiting coming out of the early signing period? That just depends on the angle from which you view the glass. I just know I wouldn't be stressing the signing of Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley.